So you are going to start a fitness plan? Do you know what it is exactly you would like to achieve? Now is the time to get your goals in place so you can measure your progress and strengthen your chances of success. It doesn’t matter whether you want to lose 3 stone or bench press 180kg you will have a much greater chance of hitting your ultimate level of achievement. Think in the simple terms of SMART and you will add power and direction to your efforts.
- 1. Specific Make sure you know exactly what it is you will achieve. “I want to get fit and tone up” simply is not enough. there is no weight to it. Like having a map but not actually knowing the destination you are looking for. How about going the gym 3 times a week – Eat fresh foods such as lean meats and vegetables alongside drinking at least 2 litres of water a day
- 2. Measurable “I want to lose weight” ain’t going to work either. How much weight and by when?
- 3. Attainable Keep your goals realistic. Let’s say you want to lose 3 stone. Now that isn’t going to happen in a month. You didn’t take that long to put it on so a similar mindset needs to adopted for getting it off. A healthy amount of weight loss is 1-2 lb a week. If you are new to healthy eating and exercise it can be a lot quicker at the beginning, but a lot of that will be water weight.
- 4. Relevant. Make sure the goals are relevant to you and your lifestyle. A goal is much more likely to be achieved if it actually means something to you. Find goals that motivate you to succeed.
- 5. Time-bound Setting yourself a deadline will drive you towards completions so if your goal is weight loss, then make sure you are setting your goals alongside your time commitment. Now that you have that in place, try to think of other small changes you can make so that the whole process is easier. Examples Eat three meals a day Try to get 6 portions of fruit and vegetables with your meals Be sure to have healthy snacks available for when you get a sweet tooth
Setting goals are vital when you start training. If you don’t know where you are going it will difficult to arrive there. Click below to access your FREE action plan and video
Fill Out Your Action Plan Below
Check the video on how to take your measurements and get your starting point. Simply fill out your details below and keep track once a week to see how you are doing.